Tuesday 19 April 2016

SS16 Trend Report

As we know, the catwalk paves the way for the styles we see on the high street.  With this in mind, I’ve selected some of my top season trends of SS16 to share with you, which I know I’m going to be purchasing and wearing a lot of throughout the upcoming months.  Keep your eyes peeled to see how I style them!

First up: Ruffles.  Resembling the elegance of Victorian fashion combined with the sexy Spanish culture, ruffles have gained a special place in my heart.  Varying from being stacked in a single sophisticated layer, to multiple busy layers – I’m a huge fan and can’t wait to own lots of casual and more formal pieces illustrating its romantic appeal.

  (Left to right: Jason Wu, Roberto Cavalli and Michael Kors SS16 shows)


Suitably accompanying ruffles, are tops and dresses such as bardot which sit off the shoulders.  To bare my shoulders during spring has been an extremely enticing trend for me, and one which I deeply admire.  This trend absolutely nails showing skin and being modest at the same time, still leaving plenty to the imagination.  My favourite kind of bardot apparel are the more floaty and delicate pieces which by showing my shoulders will add some dimension to my figure.

 (Left to right: Ellery, Peter Pilotto and Issa SS16 shows)


Next up is the epitome of casualness which is so beautifully timeless: the classic blue jean. Showcased with the utmost chic on the runway by fashion greats including Chloé and Chanel, blue denim is certainly back.  Without an ounce of doubt, I expected its recurrence soon alongside the reappearance of other pre noughties trends such as turtlenecks and overalls, and for sure are going to be my go-to denim this season.  

As a girl who doesn’t fit perfectly (because of my long legs) into the less expensive pairs of jeans from the likes of high street chains  H&M and Zara, I’m definitely going to be rocking the super skinny kind just above my ankle which I’ve realised are super comfy now as well as fashionable!  Pairing my denim with statement shoes such as tasseled loafers, flatform espadrilles and super strappy sandals, I’ll be able to wear the same jeans confidently in an abundance of ways!  As for the rest of the denim family, I'm a lover of denim dresses too which I'm sure you'll see on the odd occasion.

 (Left to right: Chloe, Chanel and Chloe at SS16 shows)  


Although often a daunting prospect for my minimalist tendencies, stripes are back in my wardrobe with their bold and striking abilities.  Admittedly, I may only be stocked up on the grey scale kind of stripes, nevertheless they are present and I'll be enjoying their return especially whilst holidaying this summer.  I’ve predominantly purchased garments with vertical stripes, however with my frame not being the biggest in the world, I’ll certainly at least try out a couple horizontal striped pieces with the hope of adding a bit more shape to my body!

 (Left to right: Ralph Lauren, Milly and Milly SS16 shows)


Last but by no means least, is the trend I am probably the most excited about - wearing nightwear – while it’s light outside! YES - pyjama inspired outfits throughout the day! It’ll allow all of us to feel comfortable no matter where we are (especially on those Monday mornings, AMIRITE LADIES?), whilst embracing one of the season’s most challenging styles.  Now, of course there are a few different kinds of pyjamas, but the formats I’ll be most interested in seeing are the silk lacey slip kind, as well as the long sleeved pyjama bottom-like sets. Fear no more if you’re worried about this one, because I’ve plucked out some inspiration from the catwalk showing you exactly how you can rock this look without looking like you’ve just rolled out of bed!

 (Left to right: Chloe, Alexander Wang and Narciso Rodriguez SS16 shows)

So I hope this post has given you an interesting incite on hot trends for the fashion focused that'll be influencing my wardrobe this season!  I'd love for you guys to let me know which is your favourite!

As always, thank you for reading.  

Chanaley

X




(Please note - none of the original photos used in this post are my own)

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© C h a n a l e y

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig